This website is for those interested in making the transition from being a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to a Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing (BSN). This career move can result in higher earnings potential and give the individual a stronger job outlook for the future. In the field of professional nursing LPNs are certainly in demand, but Registered Nurses who have their Bachelor’s degree are in greater demand.
One of the common reasons that LPNs decide to pursue their BSN degree is to earn a higher salary. You can see the difference in average salaries between LPNs and RNs illustrated in the chart data below. These numbers are drawn from average U.S. salary information for Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
Online LPN to BSN Programs
Many working nurses are choosing distance learning options over traditional classroom study. These convenient online courses allow individuals to continue working at their current jobs and maintaining their income while earning their BSN degree. As soon as their degree is complete they can easily transition into a new nursing position. Many top ranked online colleges and universities offer LPN to BSN transition programs online. The amount of time it takes to complete an online LPN to BSN program will depend on the student’s starting credentials and the pace at which they are taking classes. For example, a student with college credits who enrolls in an accelerated program might be able to finish within one year. A student starting with no college credits and taking classes part-time could take up to 4 years to earn their Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Many schools, Like Sacred Heart University online, have a number of programs to further your nursing career, no matter what field you start in.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- And more...
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Nursing Administration - Master's
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.