This website is for those interested in making the transition from being a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to a Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing (BSN). This career move can result in higher earnings potential and give the individual a stronger job outlook for the future. In the field of professional nursing LPNs are certainly in demand, but Registered Nurses who have their Bachelor’s degree are in greater demand.
One of the common reasons that LPNs decide to pursue their BSN degree is to earn a higher salary. You can see the difference in average salaries between LPNs and RNs illustrated in the chart data below. These numbers are drawn from average U.S. salary information for Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
Online LPN to BSN Programs
Many working nurses are choosing distance learning options over traditional classroom study. These convenient online courses allow individuals to continue working at their current jobs and maintaining their income while earning their BSN degree. As soon as their degree is complete they can easily transition into a new nursing position. Many top ranked online colleges and universities offer LPN to BSN transition programs online. The amount of time it takes to complete an online LPN to BSN program will depend on the student’s starting credentials and the pace at which they are taking classes. For example, a student with college credits who enrolls in an accelerated program might be able to finish within one year. A student starting with no college credits and taking classes part-time could take up to 4 years to earn their Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Many schools, Like Sacred Heart University online, have a number of programs to further your nursing career, no matter what field you start in.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.