This website is for those interested in making the transition from being a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to a Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing (BSN). This career move can result in higher earnings potential and give the individual a stronger job outlook for the future. In the field of professional nursing LPNs are certainly in demand, but Registered Nurses who have their Bachelor’s degree are in greater demand.
One of the common reasons that LPNs decide to pursue their BSN degree is to earn a higher salary. You can see the difference in average salaries between LPNs and RNs illustrated in the chart data below. These numbers are drawn from average U.S. salary information for Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
Online LPN to BSN Programs
Many working nurses are choosing distance learning options over traditional classroom study. These convenient online courses allow individuals to continue working at their current jobs and maintaining their income while earning their BSN degree. As soon as their degree is complete they can easily transition into a new nursing position. Many top ranked online colleges and universities offer LPN to BSN transition programs online. The amount of time it takes to complete an online LPN to BSN program will depend on the student’s starting credentials and the pace at which they are taking classes. For example, a student with college credits who enrolls in an accelerated program might be able to finish within one year. A student starting with no college credits and taking classes part-time could take up to 4 years to earn their Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Many schools, Like Sacred Heart University online, have a number of programs to further your nursing career, no matter what field you start in.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- LPN/LVN to RN - AS in Nursing (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- LPN/LVN to RN - BS in Nursing - Indiana St. - (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Doctor of Nurse Practice
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Adult Health Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Associates to Bachelor
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BS - Nursing
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
Pursue your education online with The College Network and learn how convenient and affordable earning your degree can be.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.