This website is for those interested in making the transition from being a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to a Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing (BSN). This career move can result in higher earnings potential and give the individual a stronger job outlook for the future. In the field of professional nursing LPNs are certainly in demand, but Registered Nurses who have their Bachelor’s degree are in greater demand.
One of the common reasons that LPNs decide to pursue their BSN degree is to earn a higher salary. You can see the difference in average salaries between LPNs and RNs illustrated in the chart data below. These numbers are drawn from average U.S. salary information for Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
Online LPN to BSN Programs
Many working nurses are choosing distance learning options over traditional classroom study. These convenient online courses allow individuals to continue working at their current jobs and maintaining their income while earning their BSN degree. As soon as their degree is complete they can easily transition into a new nursing position. Many top ranked online colleges and universities offer LPN to BSN transition programs online. The amount of time it takes to complete an online LPN to BSN program will depend on the student’s starting credentials and the pace at which they are taking classes. For example, a student with college credits who enrolls in an accelerated program might be able to finish within one year. A student starting with no college credits and taking classes part-time could take up to 4 years to earn their Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Many schools, Like Sacred Heart University online, have a number of programs to further your nursing career, no matter what field you start in.
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- MSN Advanced Generalist (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.